Friday, May 10, 2013

Things I want to cook this Spring

I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling over the summer, before heading off to business school this fall, so I'm hoping to get a fair amount of cooking in over the next month while I'm still home and operating out of a fully stocked kitchen.

As inspired by my friend Stephanie, I'm looking forward to many more Steph's salads this Spring.


We have a bunch of avocado in the house, so in addition to Avocado Toast, I'm looking forward to making either this Crunchy Creamy Cucumber Avocado Salad or this Avocado Cucumber Grapefruit Salad.  I'm also a sucker for slaw in the summer, perfect for BBQs, and this Indian Coleslaw looks delicious (although I'll have to substitute out the peanuts, due to my newly discovered peanut and hazelnut allergies, boo.)

On the topic of salads, this is my favorite salad of all time, the Sliced Spring Salad from Orangette:


While I don't have a kid in the house, I still love sweet potatoes, and am excited by all the possibilities in this post from Nicholas Day.  I also love that this Green Pea and Ham Soup calls for frozen peas!

As we start moving into summer, I'm excited for more Tomato Salads, or maybe a Spring Panzanella to hold me over in the meantime.


I also think this Asparagus and Tarragon Tart looks beautiful, and might just have to be my fancy-pants offering the next time I'm invited somewhere for dinner or brunch.

Finally, in this short window of asparagus season, I hope I make at least one Shaved Asparagus Pizza.


Happy Spring Cooking!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...