Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Harlem Shake & The Harlem Shakes

Have you guys heard of this internet meme yet, The Harlem Shake?  You make a video to this specific song, that starts out with one person in a mask dancing while everyone else in the shot goes about their business, and then at a certain point, everyone puts on costumes and dances like crazy.  My sister's office did one on Friday, which is how I heard about it, although there was some confusion at first because of the now defunct band named The Harlem Shakes.



The Harlem Shake:


After being reminded of the band for a totally unrelated reason, I've been listening to their album Technicolor Health again, and it's just so good.  It is still a big regret of mine that I missed them when they played in Portland in 2009 as part of their tour with Passion Pit, since they broke up shortly thereafter.

I've mostly been trying to post new music, but I might try and institute a once a month or so throwback song.  Sometimes I think it's so easy to get caught up trying to only listen to new music, when there's a lot of good stuff out there from the last few years, not to mention that sometimes it's nice to go back to old favorites.  So here's an old favorite of mine.

The Harlem Shakes - Strictly Game:


Tour poster via.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...