Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Baking - The Lineup

I try to send out tins of cookies each year for some of my gifts. The lineup has changed, and some years I don't manage to make any. I thought this year that might be the case since I was seriously behind, but my mom, sister, and I had a marathon baking session over the weekend. I'm going to try and get them packed up and shipped off tomorrow.

You might be able to tell that I have a fondness for slice and bake cookies. Most all of these cookies doughs can be made in advance and frozen for up to a couple of months, and then simply sliced and baked off. They help spread out some of the work when you're making so many.

I had a tragic camera accident last week, so I don't have any pictures of the cookies I made, but I've pulled and linked to pictures from the websites where I found the recipes.


World Peace Cookies, from Dorie Greenspan (online via The Splendid Table):

IMG_1300


Meyer Lemon Sables, from Orangette, (originally from Amanda Hessner):



Cardamom Pistachio Cookies, from The Wednesday Chef, (originally from The L.A. Times):



Cornmeal Cookies, from David Lebovitz, (originally from Carol Field):



Chocolate "Blocks" with Fruit and Nuts, from Orangette, (originally from Gourmet):
(I used pistachios, almonds, dried cranberries, and crystallized ginger.)


Images from: mine, 2, 3, 4, 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...